Ermergerd! I am so freaking excited that the newest installment of Animal Crossing has come out! Today was the release day and I picked up my copy from Gamestop as soon as they opened.
I kind of messed up my face when starting the game. I’m not a huge fan of the sleepy eyes (I think I look drugged). But I love my map and my native fruit (and my hair), so I’ll live with the druggie eyes.
Initial townies: Mint, Bonbon, Lucky, Poppy, Vic
Native fruit: Pears
Here’s my town map. Had to use a camera to take a photo of the screen for this.
I’ve been fishing, bug hunting, digging up fossils and hitting rocks all day. I also visited a few friends and got most of the non-native fruit. I made enough selling extras that I paid Tom Nook off for the down payment on my house/tent.
So far I love the game. There’s enough of the old gameplay mixed with new features that make it so much fun. I’m sure the enjoyment will increase as I unlock stores and other features like the island.
I have a list of my initial thoughts below. I used to play Wild World a lot, so these are mostly comparisons between the two games.
- The map remains on the bottom screen while you play. This is great so that you can see where you’re located in relation to where you have to go. Especially useful when visiting towns that you’re not familiar with.
- You can use the side arrows on the D-pad to switch tools. Pressing down will remove the tool.
- You can drag/drop fruit into bunches of nine in pockets/storage to save room for other stuff.
- You can donate multiple items at once. This also works to have Blathers inspect the fossils.
- Once you donate an item, next time you talk to Blathers it will be greyed out so you don’t waste time donating things you already have in the museum.
- Having best friends. This is great if you’re online and have a question, or want to announce news like your gates are open, or if you have high turnip prices. You don’t have to be visiting/have visitors to message each other.
- I keep forgetting the D-pad isn’t used to walk around. I keep equipping myself when I want to walk.
- You can only get screenshots of your top screen.
So… did anyone else pick up the game? My 3DS code is 0087-2399-9288, if anyone wants to visit. Make sure you leave me a comment here so I can add you back!